- Heavy and stable construction
- High purity power supply and chassis construction
- High sound quality circuitry
- CD Mode and Pure Direct Mode for greater sound purity
- Compatible with XLR terminals and balanced transmission
- HDMI® terminals with 4K upscaling for even higher video quality
- Supports playback of Blu-ray 3D?, the latest video format
- Miracast? compatibility for enjoying a variety of media from a smartphone or tablet
- Wi-Fi Built in and Wi-Fi Direct®
- Seamless operation with select Yamaha AV receivers and controller apps (AV Controller App)
- VUDU® compatibility for viewing digital photos
- SACD playback and HD Audio format bitstream out
- 192 kHz / 32-bit audio DAC
- High resolution audio DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC, ALAC 192 kHz / 24-bit playback compatibility
- Connect to the Internet to access the fun and informative features that BD-Live? provides
- Setup wizard makes setup easy
- Automatic wireless setup with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup?)
The BD-A1060 has a front panel made of high-grade aluminium. The top cover is 0.6 mm with a 0.6 mm thick steel plate, and the bottom chassis is 0.8 mm with a 1.2 mm thick steel plate. Compared to the previous model, it is 30% heavier, using a heavy base to provide a stable core for high stability. In addition, the drive mechanism is mounted to the chassis by a 1.2 mm-thick steel plate. Thanks to this strict anti-vibration construction, signal degradation is minimised.
The BD-A1060 has independent power supply and audio circuit boards, with a magnetic shield between them. In addition, the winding wires of the transformer digital and analogue sections are independent and also have separate earths for lower impedance, so noise caused by electrical and magnetic interference is held to an absolute minimum, improving the S/N ratio.
The audio circuit uses block chemical capacitors of the same type used in the high-end AV receivers and all other major parts are selected for highest sound quality. Furthermore, the earth that is the base of the circuit, applied to all parts, both audio and digital have completely eliminated loops; also points were reconsidered to minimise induction and interference for pure and stable earths, eliminating the negative influences on sound quality.
The BD-A1060 offers a CD Mode for playing music discs. This mode reduces disc revolution by 20%, thus improving data reading sensitivity. In addition, the combination of drive motor stability and disc rotation greatly reduces vibration. It also turns off the HDMI video output and other circuits that are unnecessary for audio playback. As in high-end CD players, high sound quality music reproduction has become possible.
Blu-ray 3D? Compatibility: Yes
- 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080p@24Hz, 4K (2160p) @24Hz
USB Port (Front Panel / Rear Panel): 1 / 1
Digital Audio Output (Optical / Coaxial): 1 / 1
Analog Audio Output: 1 (XLR Balance)
2-Channel Mixed Audio Output: 1
Ethernet: 1 (Wi-Fi built in)
Remote Control Input / Output: 1 / 1
Terminal for Detachable Power Cable: 1
Standby Power Consumption: = 0.5 W (HDMI control off, Standby Through off)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 86 x 262 mm
Weight: 3.8 kg